Monday 13 October 2014

Sweet Sweet Summertime

 August 1st came and went and Rhys and I
 mostly went our separate ways- 
I split my time between my mom and 
dad's farm and camping at 
Koocanusa and Rhys spent the work week 
at his parents and then joined me on the 
weekends wherever we were. 
We golfed a ton in August! Although 
August had some major drawbacks it also gave
 me new perspective. I no longer feel the desire 
to move back to Lethbridge. This is
 something I've struggled with for years. 
I have always wanted to move back
 but between a new relationship 
{Rhys and I just started dating when I finished school}, 
finding a job, Rhys finding a job, 
and having steady employment in Calgary, things 
just never seemed to line up. 
What I realized moving back is that, 
Lethbridge is no longer "home". 
Of course it would be nice to have family around 
on a daily or even weekly basis, but Rhys
 and I have made our little life and we 
are doing okay on our own. Maybe that 
realization will change again when
 we have babies and no support system here in
 Calgary, but for now Calgary is home 
until we figure the next move. September 
hit and we needed a place to 
crash until we figured out the next move so off we
 went with my parents fifth wheel in
 tow, and ended up in Okotoks! 
We are currently camping until we sort out 
the next house move. Overall it's been an
 adventure. It's not been without its drawbacks 
but it certainly has it's perks. We are
 learning to live with less, getting used to
 sharing space again, and being more
 patient with the lack of personal space. 
It's only been 5 weeks so I don't want 
to jump the gun, but I really feel like this might 
have been the best thing that's happened to us.










No comments:

Post a Comment