Thursday 5 May 2016

Update



I decided last week that I needed to post a
 "Non update, update" because there was 
nothing new to report but I just wanted to let 
everyone know that I was still kicking around, just not in the
 infertility world. Sometimes you just need a break. 
I NEEDED a break. With as much love
 and support that the infertility world offers, it also 
can be really overwhelming to see people moving forward 
with their plans while we sat back and
 literally had to relinquish all control.

My OB/GYN sent in the referral to the RFP at 
the end of January and I knew that we would 
have at least a 3 month wait before we got an appointment. 
The relief of taking a break quickly vanished into anxiety
 about not knowing what would happen next.
 Patience is not my strong suit and the
 not knowing ANYTHING was awful.

On Tuesday May 3rd @ 11am I got the 
call we've been waiting for. We have some 
paperwork, a repeat SA, and 7 weeks to wait, 
BUT we finally have an appointment. 
When I first got off the phone, I was feeling
 really anxious. My heart was racing, I had a bit 
of a cold sweat, but I quickly realized that it 
wasn't anxiety, it was excitement. The relief of actually 
having a date is indescribable. 5 months to the day that our 
referral was sent in, we will meet 
our doctors and get some answers. 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a little break every now and then. And I completely understand what you mean about watching everyone else move forward with plans while we sit around and wait. It's extremely hard for me. We were going to do IVF this summer, but we just can't right now. Wishing you the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I hope that this fall brings you everything you deserve and more!
      xo, B

      Delete