Wednesday 4 September 2013

Wild

Travel books have become my fav. I love hearing
of people's adventures and the experiences they have while
seeing the world. This was an incredible book. It brought
me to tears a few times. I've read another book that
inspired me to want to do some hiking, but this one was 
something different. It felt more tangible, less of a far 
away dream. Anyways, I talked to Rhys for DAYS about this
hiking idea and slowly he got just as excited as I did. 
Our goal is to do the West Coast trail. Hopefully next 
summer or the summer after. The hike is definitely a long
term goal that could not make me more excited.
Anyways... This book was INCREDIBLE. I 
read most of it over my week at the lake and loved 
every minute of it. Although most is spent rambling 
about the monotony of the hike, you really FEEL 
what she is feeling. My feet hurt just with her words, my
legs ached, anxiety hits your stomach at parts, and the
kinship she finds on the trail is something that 
just makes you feel good. 
Highly Recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment