Thursday 22 August 2013

The work before the fun

So while all this crazy wedding business was going on, 
I offered up our place to host the bridal shower. While I 
do kind of like hosting things like this... There is still
quite a bit of things around the house and outside
that need to be done. Let me tell you, new builds are a pain
in the butt when it comes to finishing your yard and making
your place a little less "builder beige".
We put lots of money into the yard last year so this
was the year for labour and next year maybe we can 
just enjoy the yard?!?!?!
Anyways, we started holidays and decided it was best to 
stay home for a few days to put some muscle in so that
I wasn't so overwhelmed coming back to do
it while on nights... on a stretch of 15.

So while I was busy staining the deck... My mom was
torturing me with photos of the lake and how beautiful it was. 
 
I finally got the columns painted on our porch
which I've wanted to do for the 
last year and got our little star hung up. The porch
still needs to be stained which fingers crossed I am doing 
today once I wake up.
And of course we still had a bit of fun. We splashed at the
Auburn Bay spray park, played 2 rounds of golf, 
went paddle boarding twice. All in all I would say we 
had some successful work days before we 
got to play.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Mostly the splash pad and Rhys having a ball in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our home also suffers from builder beige and every time we complete a small project there is another one lined right up! little by little it will get there but in the summer it feels like so much "home work" because we are trying to take advantage of the good weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it exhausting?!?!? We keep wondering when it will end! Haha. We also want to build another house but neither of us can muster the guts to do the landscaping again!

      Delete