Thursday 1 August 2013

On Self Improvement

About the middle of June I decided that I 
needed to start being a more positive person.
I thought of a few things about myself that I wasn't liking
and decided to try to change them. Two months later
I think I have shown some improvement. 

One of the ways I thought was bringing down my
spirit was being gossipy... It is easy to 
get caught up in the moment and say things
that you don't necessarily mean to. I wanted to 
try to keep those negative things in my head and not let 
them slip out my lips in hope that eventually 
they would just stop entering my thoughts. While
I have definitely had a few slip ups, I have noticed a huge 
change! The things that were annoying my about certain 
people have for the most part gone away. 
It is nice to start seeing the positive things about people
that for a while were non existent.

I also wanted to put more of an effort in with relationships
that I value. I often don't free enough of my spare time
to nurture the friendships I care about. While I haven't
been able to see lots of these people one on one 
I have stepped up to the plate and have
inquired more about what is going on in
their lives and are more engaged in what they are doing 
and how they are doing. I have also realised that there
are a few friendships that are cracked at the 
foundation and are unlikely to be repaired. Time to MOVE ON!
Spending energy and effort with friendships that
aren't meant to be is exhausting and takes
away from the ones that truly matter. 

Most of all I think my patience has grown which
is not my strong suit, so any help in 
that department is most welcome!!!!!

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Bri, change begins in the mind, then it will reflect on all the things in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. Everything is seeming easier to accomplish!

      Delete
  2. If you have cabinets that need to be redone and you do not have a lot of money, consider refacing them as a smart alternative. It can be pretty expensive to buy new kitchen cabinets. You can reface your cabinets for a little money. You will get a whole new look and spend very little. click here

    ReplyDelete