Friday 18 March 2016

Shifting Friendships

via Pinterest
 I had just turned 26 when we first decided 
to add a babe to the family. At that 
time we were the first people in our 
friends group to be married
 and nobody was even close to wanting
 children. Fast forward 4 years,
 everyone is married and we
 are the basically the last to have
 kids. In fact, some people have multiple 
children. Multiple. Needless to say, 
relationships begin to change once babes 
come into the mix. Coffee dates
 are harder to manage, a lunch date is 
nearly impossible. and when they are 
worked out, I often feel totally out of my 
league and seem to have very 
little to relate to. What was once shop talk,
 makeup talk, fashion finds and 
relationship woes have turned into 
breastfeeding and sick babe drama. 
I want to support my friends but I also want to 
feel like I'm contributing. 
Instead I'm really fucking bored.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, exact same here! Most of my "friends" don't even call or text me anymore. It's kinda sad really...they all have moved on to their new "mom friends."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally the worst part right now. So isolating!

      Delete