Tuesday 20 November 2012

Steep Learning Curve

Well... Christmas is coming. Which means one thing... SWIMSUIT. We were fortunate enough to be invited to Phoenix with Rhys' parents this year. That also means that we will be in shorts and swimsuits for the festive season. Now don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to have a lay around and read and shop and golf kind of Christmas BUT I need to get my tush in gear ASAP.
Rhys and I have been fairly diligent at getting to the gym as of late. But we have also used that as an excuse to make poor food choices. Now I have to do both... EEKS. 
Anyways, I have a friend that is on a weight loss journey right now and she is doing incredible. She has lost 25 pounds by running and eating healthy foods {low carb} and while I'm positive I could not be as strict as she is being, I could definitely be a little more proactive in my calorie count. So, I decided to start using My Fitness Pal app once again. I've used it before and it works like a charm but it also means that I have to be accountable in my slacker ways.
So I decided to break it out this morning from "Page 6" on my phone and it is now on the main user bar. No excuses here. It is in my face EVERYTIME I open my phone. 
Well after breakfast I surprised myself. I have already eaten half my days calories. Oops {hence the accountable part}. Looks like it's gonna be a hungry day after all. 
But... I did get my morning coffee in :)


No comments:

Post a Comment