Monday 31 December 2012

2012

As I sit here trying to reflect on 2012, my mind keeps jumping to 2013.
I'm excited for what the next year will hold. I hope for health,
happiness, travel, and hobbies.
2012 kept us very busy.
The year started with Rhys' parents having a car accident.
It has been a long year of recovery for Edie. She has 
continued to be such a trooper, with the 
threat of infection still there she works on her
physio and continues to gain strength and 
mobility. With the car accident also came the reality of our
wedding which was cancelled. Although I still am happy
with the way things turned out, I often wonder what
our Fernie wedding would have been like. 
Cancelling the wedding was a very expensive decision but
ultimately it was the right thing to do and things
always work out the way they are meant to.
We could not have been more happy with the way
the wedding came together. We had 7 days to throw it
together and while there are details I would go back 
and change, the overall feel for the day was spot on.
 
2012 was also the year of weekend getaways.
We realized how nice it was to throw the dogs 
{we added Eddie to the mix in May}
 in the kennel
and off we would go for some good quality time. 
 
As the summer came about we failed to make it to the lake 
as much as we would have wanted but it was
time to tackle the backyard.
The backyard burned a big hole in our pockets but 
with a deck and trees and some landscaping
our box on a mud pit turned into our little home.
It was rewarding to see something take shape with
our sweat and tears {learning to work together was 
a lesson learned in 2012}.
 
The fall came and I started a new job at the South Hospital
and while working close to home is nice, it
really isn't everything. I realized that I really like
my job at Foothills, the people, the pace...
Another lesson learned was to not always
be eager to move forward, to stop and realize what
you have in front of you.
As the year started to round out we were excited to 
get away for Christmas, buy some gifts for eachother, 
and enjoy some sunshine. 
We had an amazing time getting away and I think
it made us realize that now is the time to do
a bit of travelling with eachother
before our family grows.
With the ones we love most we began our life as
husband and wife and for that
2012 was a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment