Tuesday 25 December 2012

Quiet Christmas

Well Christmas was much quieter this year
than it has been for a long time! Rhys and I were 
the first ones up {very unusual around here}. Rhys went for a jog, 
I had a shower. Coffee was made and gifts opened. Both 
of us got very spoiled. I'm hoping that the gifts that we gave were 
loved as much as the ones that were recieved. 
It is always hard to shop for people who
have everything. We have the same problem with
my parents but it is particualarly hard when you 
know that nobody wants to haul things back to 
Canada. I was spoiled to once again have the pleasure of 
opening that little blue box. Rhys and I opened gifts before
we left for Phoenix but decided that we would save 
one special one to take down for Christmas morning.
I thought for sure he would be getting me the bean earrings I was 
coveting. He then let me know that he left his shopping
too late and Tiffany's in Calgary didn't have any left. As much as 
I was still thinking it was possible, the box that was wrapped 
was much too large for earrings so I was very surprised 
when inside a fake box was another, which then opened to
reveal two little jems.They are beautiful. And don't 
hurt my ears which is even better. I also got the most beautiful
coach purse {thank you Rhys the spy}. 
Rhys got a haul once again this year with an Oakley backpack, 
a few books, a calendar, a watch, and a FLIGHT ON A B-17...
I know, I know... Seems silly
but Rhys just about S_ _ T his pants when he realized what that 
gift card was for. He flys out for a good hour on the 28th 
and I could not be happier for him. One
for the memories for sure. 
We then chilled out and headed to the golf course.
Edie and Earl made it through the 4th hole and then headed home
to escape the cold {once again I know, I know}. But in all 
fairness Edie did wake up with a cold! booo!
Anyways, Rhys and I finished up the game and I of course won.
The rest of the day we had a swim, hot tub, nap, ribs, 
and here we are. 
It was not the same without the Vint chaos but overall a 
successful Christmas in the desert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment