Thursday 27 December 2012

Exhausted

All this playing with not enough sleep has finally caught up with me.
I officially have Edie's cold and feel so wiped out.
It was a busy day running around. I really wanted to hit up
a Harley Davidson shop in AZ. It seems like it
would be the best place to ride a bike. I don't know why desert
screams biker but it just does... That and old
western, both of which keep me thinking of my Dad.
Anyways, the Harley we went to today was by far
the biggest I have ever seen. My dad would DIE!!!!
He better appreciate that because we almost
did die getting to it {not really}
It was in the sketchiest area of any city anywhere. We're
talking windows up, doors locked, waiting for stray
dogs {yes there was a Chihuahua} to cross the street, numerous 
abandoned couches on the road... WOWZERS
Anyways, after that we made a trip out to Apache Junction.
It was incredible. There was tons of poverty that reminded me of
shanty towns you see in magazines, but what an 
experience. We made our way up this windy road {it's like 
logan's pass but for the desert} and ended at this desert lake.
It was breathtaking. 
We stopped at this amazing little cupcake place
to buy some cake for Earl {it's his birthday today}
and then onward home. 
We were wiped out by the time we got home, but after some
grub we were off again to visit the desert botanical gardens in
Scottsdale. We went to the "Luminarias" which is a little lantern 
festival in the gardens. Again, Phoenix did not disappoint.
Now we are home, cupcakes eaten, and laying in bed. 
Hopefully my throat heals up by tomorrow and we will
be off for more adventures. 
Life could not be better right now {besides if Eddie was here}.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment