Saturday 22 December 2012

Hello AZ

Well we have officially settled into vacation mode. After all the hype at the airport we were expecting the worst and it actually wasn't too bad. Our flight was delayed an hour due to our plane coming in an hour behind. Not bad I would say! The drive to the airport was another story. I booked a car to come get us at 3pm... Well we were already anxiously waiting when the car showed up and then we hit traffic, at 3pm. The roads were backed up from McKenzie towne all the way to 64th. Well I have always been one to get car sick... And boy was I ever car sick. By the time we got to 16th ave I had a bag open, mouth watering... So close. But I made it, without making a complete fool of myself and quickly started feeling better once the car stopped and we were walking around. The flight was a bit squishy and I'm sure the guy next to Rhys was ready to strangle him {Rhys was a major antsy pants} but we arrived to PLUS 14 degrees. Good bye Calgary. By the time we landed we were both famished and luckily at 10:45pm a restaurant said no prob and we feasted on some good old pasta. We both had a quick rinse and off to bed we went. 
I was rudely awoken this morning with horrible chest pains. At first I thought it would go away but nope. Chest pain has been handed to me today and it isn't budging. I'm thinking it's possibly sore muscles from being cramped in the plane and a different {double size} bed, but who knows. If it doesn't let up by tomorrow, we might be heading to the doctors. Advil and not moving seems to help... here's to hoping a day of hanging out makes it go away. On the plus side, I woke up to a beautiful sunny day with palm trees and mountains peeking over the horizon. Rhys the fish has already been out to explore and even had a dip in the pool. I thought I would be sad to have a warm Christmas but this is delightful.


No comments:

Post a Comment