Wednesday 27 February 2013

Hummus!

So I drove down to Planet Organic yesterday to stock up
on some Sundried tomato hummus
(They SERIOUSLY make the best hummus)
but of course they were out. 
Go figure.
So then I remember that I looked at the ingredients
and I had all of them except tahini at home
so I decided to grab a jar of that and make 
my own!
And it did not disappoint!
It made a huge batch and it's super tasty!
Much cheaper than buying it every couple days
and I can change the flavor per batch if I want!
Bonus!
It goes something like this

Hummus:
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 jar sundried tomatoes {we like them}
3 tbsp Tahini
a big squirt Sriracha hot sauce
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 garlic cloves
1 can chickpeas

I threw it all in my super blender and it
came out soooooo creamy and yummy
but I'm sure a regular food processor would
work it probably wouldn't blend it as creamy. 
Anywho... ENJOY!

1 comment: