Wednesday 6 February 2013

Wheat and Sleep

I had my appointment this morning to meet with
the holistic nutritionist. I was curious to see what 
she would have to say about a 
"diet" plan and a way to get all my
hormones sorted out. 
We first went over the paperwork that I filled out
prior to the appointment and she had
a few areas of concern
 
1. I wasn't getting enough sleep at the proper
times of a normal sleep cycle. Her goal 
is for me to be in bed and lights out by 10pm
on off weeks and then home and straight to bed
on my on week. I often read the news and 
facebook in bed before lights out. That 
is stopping asap. A bath and a cup of tea
and lights out is the prescription.
2. I am not drinking enough water. She said it is 
really important to not only drink enough but also 
the "cleanest" water you can afford.
3. I don't take any vitamins. She said she rarely meets 
anyone who takes absolutely no supplements. Well my
friends, I don't! I take advil when I have a headache,
Zantac if I have heartburn, and benelyn if I have 
insomnia... that's it! So I am going to get a bottle of
mulit's that are not synthetic they are made
 from fruits, veggies, and plants
4. I am having food sensitivities. To what, we aren't 
sure but they are definitely there. So I'm 
officially on a wheat elimination 
{not to be confused with a gluten elimination}
The difference I'm not certain of but with a little 
research tonight hopefully I will have it under control! 
In the meantime I went to Chapters and bought
"Wheat Belly" which she recommended. 
I have a few friends who are reading it currently
and my Uncle who has read it and LOVED it. 

The whole meeting was about an 
hour and a half and although most of the
information was very common sense it was
nice to know that I was already doing most of the
things that she was talking about. 
I was very open and honest with her about
struggles with food and disordered behaviours 
that have played a factor in my life.
She was very perceptive and had really good
suggestions on how to deal with that as well.
Overall it was very positive and I have another
appointment in 2 weeks time to see how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment