Thursday 14 February 2013

Model Milk

Rhys caught my sister's darn cold over the weekend
and I will say it was all worth it because I got
to spend precious time with my 3
favourite little people... Rhys, prob not!
Haha. The lucky thing about Rhys is that 
he hardly EVER gets sick and recovers
quite quickly where as I have the 
immunity of a chemo patient. I get sick
quite often and don't bounce back so quick. 
Anyways, in a rare occasion Rhys stayed home
from work yesterday and slept the entire thing 
away as I puttered around in the morning and then
went on my way to do the usual errands.
We try to keep the rule of thumb that both of us grew up 
with and that's- if you stay home from work/school
then you don't get to go out at night. Well
as grown ups sometimes it makes hard
decisions. He was feeling a bit better in the afternoon
and we had made dinner plans weeks ago for a 
friends birthday. We decided to be naughty and 
go anyways. Well the food was amazing. It did 
not disappoint. Rhys unfortunately started to feel 
yucky right before we left and didn't have such a good time. 
He couldn't taste the amazing food and was a bit
gaggy. Oops. 
For the rest of us Model Milk was a hit.
It's this "cute" from the outside place on 17th ave
but once you get in you realize this place is HUGE!
It was quite trendy- very loud but the food did
not disappoint and the wine was a hit too.
We shared some Rabbit crostini- YUM.
 
I ordered the pork tenderloin- the kale stole the 
show. I'm not sure why I ever order pork because
it's not my fav. It was good
but it was pork. Rhys ordered the Burger
which really shouldn't be a "burger". They make the meat in
house and can order it however rare you choose. Rhys ordered
his medium. It was drool worthy. Seriously. I would hate to 
order a burger at a fun night out but this was really tasty. It
might be ordered for myself if we return. 
Then the boys ordered apple pie,
I got a peanut butter ice cream sandwich- hello YUM
 
I only ate half though so even if it was a treat I tried to make myself
feel better about it. Anyways, I would for sure go back!
2 thumbs up.
 2 appy's, 2 Entree's, 2 desserts, and wine
came to $125- so if that's in the budget we 
recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment