Tuesday 2 April 2013

Catching Up

I dropped off the earth for 2 whole weeks. And I really had
nothing going on! Anyways here is the last 2 weeks of
my boring life ;)
We got new furniture for our living room and LOVE it.
It has added seating room to our place and also made us
realize that we actually like our house. 
The way this house is designed and decorated is
definitely not how I would want our home to 
be decorated. The grey is quite cold, but since this
was an investment home we went with what
was the trend right now. New furniture just spiced 
it up so that we can enjoy the house while we are in
it. We have spent more time on our main floor the
last 2 weeks than we have the entire 2 years we
have lived here. 

{bringing home the chaise}



{being able to snuggle up- with our electronics of course ;)}


I applied for a permanent position back at FMC. It was a really
hard decision to make. There have been lots of sleepless nights 
deciding what was the best thing for me to do. I'm 
very fortunate to have found someone who really wants me
to make the decision for myself and work where I will
be happy but it also means the decision is all mine
which is HARD!
The list of pro's to reclaim my permanent at SHC in the 
fall is REALLY long and the list to stay at FMC is 
REALLY short. All the reasons at SHC involve
more money, less commute. 
The short reason to stay at FMC is happiness.
Which means that IF I am offered a job at FMC, that is
where I will stay. At the end of the day I love my coworkers at 
both places, and it's busy at both places but I feel like things
are more emotionally settled at FMC which is something 
that means something to me. I am an anxious person 
naturally and I like going to work, feeling like I am good
at my job, and that people recognize that and appreciate
me professionally. I was missing that at SHC and I can't see
that changing any time soon with the management style that is
currently in place. 
Which means we have been exploring COCHRANE!
The thought of moving closer to the mountains, being in
a smaller community has always been appealing to both of us.
We went looking at some showhomes on the weekend and 
although there were a couple floor plans that would be perfect 
for us, I'm not sure if we want to build right away again. 
There are many good reasons to build and lots of 
incentives to do so right now but I'm not sold yet. 
I can't see us moving in the next year but perhaps next 
spring we will be calling Cochrane home.  
We had a delightful day exploring the area, found a great
spot for a delish pasta lunch and then realized I was late for work!
So we rushed home, got changed, was heading out the door...
 

{yummy lunch in Bragg Creek}

{the cutest decor with nature out the windows- LOVE}


What I meant was CRASHING out the door.


Soooooo sucky. We are having the worst financial luck as of 
late. We are really getting our shit together finally but man
life is really testing our abilities to stay on track!
Hopefully things come in 3's and we are finally done

1. our friends REALLY expensive wedding that is drying up our savings
2. The car being broken into and insurance not covering us
3. replacing my rear window

Anyways, I was annoyed and couldn't help but shed a few
frustrated tears on my way to work that day 
{thanks mom for opening the flood gates}.
It put me in a bit of a funk at the beginning of my shift to then
walk outside on my lunch break and see the beautiful sunset. 
hmmmm.... Life is pretty darn good. 

1 comment:

  1. eeek!! you should totally move to Cochrane I love it here. I drive to the old children's hospital and it takes me 35-40 mins. You could easily get to FMC in 25-30min. I know what you means about expsenses, it seems me and Brett pay something off then just add something else in it's place! That sucks about your windshield, after I got my truck I backed into a pole rushing to get to work and totally cried on my way there! Bri, I love your posts, you're not boring. Where are pics of your new furniture?

    ReplyDelete