Wednesday 24 April 2013

Destination Fernie

We have set our sights on Fernie. It seems like we
will get the best of all worlds there. Only 2 
hours from Lethbridge {hello family visits}, 
It's a nice enough escape that perhaps we will get
more company our way, we will be close to all
the nature I've been craving. Ski in the winter, fish year
round, and of course the lake is a close 30 min in the summer.
Rhys signed up to do his pipe fitter apprenticeship on Monday.
Luckily he already has his plumbing ticket so he gets to
knock time off pipe fitting because of that. His current
company also is allowing him to maintain his 
current Journeyman wage while he does this 
apprenticeship which is AWESOME! Otherwise it would
have been a major pay cut to go back to being 
a 2nd year wages. With his pipe fitting ticket he is 
one step closer to being able to get a job at the mine.
Now for me. I took this .7 rotating days,eves,nights which means
most of it is shift work and gives me a lot of flexibility
with my schedule. SOOOOO.... I'm trying to decided
which program to take that would put me in a good
position to move anywhere. {FERNIE}
I'm leaning towards human resources but we will see what
the next few weeks of investigation work out.
I would love if I could take the first year
online or distance- perhaps evening classes here and 
there and then decide for the last part to opt to do full
time classroom. Time will tell. 
I just want the next 5 years to put us in a good position
to move without risking it all.

ANNNNDDDD... I got back to running. So far I'm 2 runs
down this week and feel great that I'm doing something. 
The eating part hasn't been fantastic but it hasn't been
HORRIBLE either so I'm okay with that. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment