Wednesday 13 November 2013

Broken City

My sister's boyfriend Kyle was asked to open a 
show last night at Broken City! This was his first
paid gig and while I was really tired and nearly 
bailed, the text saying that she was
bummed that we weren't going to come was
enough to get my tush out of bed and head
downtown. Luckily Rhys and I had passed out for
almost 3 hours evening so even though Rhys
had to be up at 430 this morning, I think
he is doing okay.
Kyle put on a great show! I know he 
does hip hop, and Amy said it wasn't
really "mainstream" so I wasn't sure what 
to expect. The first guy did more mainstream 
rap, and he was honestly pretty good. 
Rap isn't really my thing, but live performance
is always different than listening to an album.
Kyle however is an artist. He does his own thing.
He isn't trying to be anybody else but him, and it
was SHOCKING. 
Kyle is QUIET, like quiet quiet quiet. In the 
10 hours I've spend with him, he has probably said
all of 10 words. So to see him get up on stage and have 
"characters" was really cool. Rhys was so impressed, 
on the drive home he just kept saying that he
finally kinda gets who Kyle is. It was really 
awesome to see him in his element and we
were even tucked away in bed before midnight. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! Thanks for posting about Kyle. Jeff and I were just saying the other day that we really need to get out to see his music. I love that you were able to go!

    ReplyDelete