Monday 18 November 2013

Lucky Me

Earlier this week Rhys and I had to have
a little sit down about stepping up the romance.
Life has been pretty busy lately and I've been
feeling like we are just going through the
daily motions without really connecting
to our life that we currently have.
Maybe one day we will have a family and life
will be even busier and we will wish that we 
took the time to enjoy it just being the 
two of us. I've been noticing people {including us}
are always "plugged in". The other day, we were 
sitting down to dinner and instead of actually
talking to each other we were
both on our phones. I, probably on instagram, him 
probably looking up military stuff.  
The flowers, make surprise
dinners and writing me cheesy little love notes
 in my lunch bag slowly stopped. Probably 
because life just keeps carrying on and you
lose track of those things, maybe because I used
to make fun {playfully}, whatever the reason- both
of us decided we needed to step up our game.
Well lucky for me Rhys went out and grabbed  
a beautiful tenderloin and boy was it tasty!
We have been eating chicken, chicken, and more 
chicken, so the pork was sooooo good!
I made up a side of riced cauliflower with chives,
low fat mushroom soup, and low fat feta. Mmmm. 
All around it was a lovely dinner and hopefully we
can keep up the no electronics at the table deal!

1 comment:

  1. Now for the big challenge ... Can you keep them out of your bedroom? Great big step in the right direction on many levels!

    ReplyDelete