Thursday 25 February 2016

Being Happy For Others


One of the worst parts of infertility is that bitterness creeps in
and catches you off guard. For myself, it's typically when I
have to sit in group conversations with my friends and
they are all talking about sleep schedules,
breastfeeding, birth stories ect...

There have been a few pregnancy announcements
 that catch me off guard and I've noticed a flash of
jealousy but typically they aren't the things that get
 under my skin. I'm genuinely happy for people
when family planning goes smoothly. This week
I had a flash of bitterness creep in on me. One of my
coworkers so confidently said that she would be pregnant in the next
 few weeks... I literally almost laughed in her face.
 Umm.. I hope so too, for your sake. Some people
have NOOOOOO clue what infertility
looks like, what it's about, and how to speak
respectfully about baby making.

Our neighbours told us tonight that they
 have a babe on the way and that they are super
stressed because this was not part
of their 7 year plan. Rhys kindly stated that they were lucky
 that it happened for them so easily, even if it wasn't part
 of the plan. Announcements tend to really
bother Rhys. The mere mention of pregnancy
 coming easy for people makes his skin crawl. It seems
 as though these things are getting easier for him.
 Life is too short to not share in people's happiness. 


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel and what you mean. One thing that gets under my husband's skin is teenage pregnancies...which I totally understand. But it's true, we should all be happy for others...even when it's REALLY hard!
    xo, Lily
    TTC Baby G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooooo hard sometimes! P.S I LOOOOOOVE your beauty blog. AND I would love to use your "Currently, I am" template, if you wouldn't mind?!?!

      Delete