Monday 29 February 2016

Clearing The Air


Image via Pinterest


I'm a planner. I like things in order. I like to know where we are at.
 I like a game plan. When we received Rhys' SA 
results a month ago, I made a choice that I was going
 to allow Rhys time to process and work through his 
diagnosis and only then would we discuss next steps together. 
Well a month has gone by and I finally told him that
 I needed him to suck it up for an hour so that
 we can talk about this and what it means for our future. 
There were quite a few tears, but overall I it was a talk
 that needed to happen. I've been feeling quite
 stuck in limbo but more importantly, I've felt really lonely. 
There will be more posts about this
 {I've written about four in the last few weeks and haven't published them},
 While Rhys was off "processing" I've kind of 
been left to sort through this on my own and it's
 been really difficult. Well we were finally able to get it 
all open today and it felt good to clear the air.  
We have a game plan people. 
Honestly, it was the same game plan we had all along, which
 is wait and see what the fertility clinic says.... but it still felt like
 we took a little control back. Basically we decided that 
IVF is a one shot deal. Perhaps we will change our 
minds once we go down the rabbit hole but at this
 point I'm not prepared to commit to that. I'm hardly able to 
commit to one round to be honest. Rhys' heart isn't open to 
adoption yet, and I need to support that, as hard as it is.
 I know {and he's said} that he isn't against adoption
 but he also isn't quite sure and that is 
enough for him to say no for now. I get it. 
We also decided that we need to stop making 
decisions based on having children. For the last four 
years we have always made life choices based on pregnancy,
 mat leave, and having kids. We are stopping that right now.
 We are moving forward by making decisions that
 will make us happy if it ends up just being the two of us. 
Obviously we will be in this house for quite some time now, 
but had we lived on that principle to begin with, we 
wouldn't be paying a $3000 a month mortgage for a 
"family" home. I also would probably be close to being done
 my degree. We most likely wouldn't live in suburbia. 
We would have taken lots more holidays. 
I feel confident with the plan we've made. I'm glad we 
talked about it. Now Rhys can go back
 to being an emotional recluse. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment