Thursday 18 February 2016

The Dreaded Interview

I applied for a new position at the hospital I currently
work at. Same job, different FTE, different shift.
I was hesitant to even apply because I think that the crazy
IVF cycle would work better with my current .7 nights
rotation. BUT, I'm also feeling really tired. I've been working
straight nights for the last 3 years and before that I worked
2 years of evenings. I've been a .7 {1 week on, 1 week off} for 
the last 5 years, and while it has been good to me, it is 
also half of my weekends GONE. Rhys works Mon-Fri,
which means we only spend 4 days a month together. 
I'm ready for a bit more work/life balance and 
if I have to take my sick bank or vacation time while
I'm doing IVF, then I will just have to do that.

The interview actually went really well. I prepped by going
over the 50 most common interview questions and it also had 
a few basic tips on answers. Overall that really helped me articulate.
Often in the past, I had a hard time saying what my strengths
are and I no problem saying what my 
weak areas are. The review beforehand had awesome tips for
how to navigate that! I also love my manager and supervisor, so 
that made the interview a ton easier as well. 
In the end, they said they needed to consult the union to see
if they could make work what they wanted. It sounded like, if they
had to support of the union, I would have the job... 
That being said, someone with more seniority and their CTIC
applied which means I very well might have to wait until 
something else opens up. I should know sometime next week.
I'm definitely not holding my breath but man would
it be nice to have a bit more balance!
Either way, I got a new necklace out of the deal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment