Tuesday 2 February 2016

My Family

Rhys is still a tad withdrawn from the emotional 
turbulence of the week. I was really shocked by the news
but I'm not feeling the hangover from it either.
Perhaps because it isn't me? Maybe because I'm not 
feeling the weight of the guilt? Not exactly sure. He
seems to be handling this in waves. He's fine for a few hours 
and then sad for a few. He's also been angry, confused,
in denial.... it really has passed most of the grief stages.
I guess that's normal? No clue. I'm not a therapist. 
But observations seem to say that's exactly what's going on. 
He came home from work Thursday and was in a pleasant mood.
He said he was feeling more settled with this. The night went 
smoothly and I thought we were in the clear. 
When he got home from work on Friday, he seemed
a little bit off but I didn't think too much of it because the
day before he was fine.
He was about to climb into the 
and said "I've been thinking about it, and I think we should 
split up. There's still lots of time for you to meet someone else, 
and have a family".
{insert stomach drop here}
Rhys is my family. 
So of course, that's what I told him.
He got teary eyed, said "okay" and turned around and 
hopped in the shower.
I guess it will take a bit more time for the sting to go away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear he's having a rough time. Andino has said the same things to me before. I wish you all the best going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love! Every day things have felt better and better. I've been secretly following you since your IVF days in Mexico. I couldn't be happier for you and your adorable little fam!

      Delete