Sunday 21 February 2016

What's Next


There was a job that came open last week that I initially
wasn't sure I even wanted. As I prepared for the interview, thinking
 of all the reasons why this job would be a good fit, I convinced 
myself that maybe this is exactly what Ive been looking for.
Regular hours, more career advancement, some new learning
opportunities. Needless to say, someone more senior got the job. 
Although I'm disappointed, I would have chosen her too.
My procrastination with my certificate caught up with me. 
I just keep feeling like I'm putting our life on hold, waiting for a babe
to make an appearance. What if that isn't in the cards for us?!?!
How long will it take for that dream to become a reality?!?!
It's not something that we can even plan out at this point.

I've considered going back to school for the last few years.
I like my job but that's what it is. A job. If we never have 
a babe, our careers are going to end up being 
an important part of our life. I want to enjoy my job and
be able to make it rewarding. I want to be able to have a
 job that will give us the oppotunity to move to Victoria. 
In the time we've been in pursuit of a
babe, I could be finished my degree! That's a long fricken time
we've been waiting in limbo. Obviously being a student and 
being pregnant are not very conducive but in reality it 
could be years before that happens and if it does, then it
would be a dream come true and we will make it work.
I'm just ready to jump off the roller coaster and take control
of a few things. I can't just sit around expecting things to change
but not be actively changing it! Soooooo.... I officially applied
 for school last night when I was at work.
Luckily I've already taken half the course in the first year so it should
be a pretty standard work load. Time table dependent, I'm hoping I can 
keep my .7 and just plug away. I can't see why I wouldn't be able
to manage the first year. Year two might be a bit of a juggle but it's 
only one year. In the meantime, I have something exciting to
look forward to. It feels good to be taking more control 
of our life and building the future we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment