Sunday 13 January 2013

Cassis Bistro

Yesterday I had a list up to my armpit with all the
things I wanted to get done with Rhys this
weekend. Not all of them were chores 
or errands, mostly just fun things to do 
together. Well, nothing on the list got done
because we decided to spend a lazy day 
at home together. It was glorious. 
We took the pups for a play in the morning.
Then came home and I made a big pot of veggie
soup {turned out delish!}
Then we crawled back into bed, I read my book, 
Rhys slept. I can't really call it a nap. A nap is 
up to an hour... 3 hours is a sleep. :)
Then I had to get ready for dinner. I was meeting
my bestie Paige and her mom at Cassis Bistro.
Well the food did not disappoint! It was sooooo good.
We all started with the Cassis cocktail which was 
"grapey' and delicious. I ordered the scallops for 
my first and they were to die for! My mouth is watering
just thinking about them. They were cut like 
sashimi {still cooked though}and then had ginger
lime and olive oil with watercress on top.
YUM
For my second I ordered the salmon with zucchini gratin,
arugula salad, and a reduced veggie mix.
And of course Creme Brulee for dessert.
I have to say between the food, the company, and the
wine I was a great evening out.
Not exactly diet friendly but overall it was worth it!
I will definitely be going back. 
Review: If you are looking for fine dining and
drool worthy food, GO HERE!
Rhys and I tend to spend every waking minute together
when we have the chance. One of my goals for this 
year was to put more of an effort in with my 
girlfriends. I always hate leaving him, thinking that
we could have the night together, but in the end
I ALWAYS have a great time out and then 
have stories to tell when I get home. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same, I spend all my time with my hubby when he's home. Dinner sounds delish, my mouth is watering too!

    ReplyDelete