Thursday 17 January 2013

Good eats

I was feeling a bit discouraged with the scale 
yesterday. It felt like I was eating well and still getting
all my run days in but the scale was not reflecting the
work. So I skipped the cereal and opted for
my smoothie, same lunch {veggie soup}, had
a big cup of yogurt with bran buds around 4, then
went to the gym and went on the bike for 45 min
and then home for quinoa greek salad {YUM}.
Down another 2 this morning. 
I can get away with eating less on non work days
it's the work days that kill me. I felt really good 
heading to bed last night. The last thing I wanted to
do at 7pm last night was go to the gym
but it felt good. And it was a good way to realize
how many more calories you burn running!
In 40 min on the bike I burned 300
calories {and sweating buckets}  where as 40 min of 
run/walk burns 450. Kinda crazy!

Greek Quinoa Salad

1 serving quinoa
cucumber
grape tomatoes {I chop them}
orange bell pepper
purple onion
light feta
kalmata olives 
 
dressing: 3 parts olive oil to 1 part red wine vinegar
and lots of club house greek seasoning

*I didn't measure the veggie parts. Add what looks tasty to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment