Friday 11 January 2013

No Excuses

When I woke up this morning {after a HORRIBLE nights sleep}
I looked the weather report.... MINUS 19.
They are kidding right?!?!?! Barf
Anyways I messaged my voice of reason {Deena}
and asked if -19 was too cold to run... 
Her response "It's never too cold"
UGH. 
Needless to say I got my tush outta bed, 
packed up my little monster {Eddie} 
and hit the road. 
Lemme tell you, it was cold. Like really really cold.
I didn't stick to the run program, {mostly because
even Eddie thought it was too cold to be out}
So I ran as much as I could and got it done as quickly 
as possible. I normally have to do 3.8km to
 get through the program run but I only went 2.8 km today. 
Poor little Eddie was laying down in the snow and shaking his 
frozen little paws. Time to call it a day. Next time 
I think it will be a solo mission to get out
on these really cold days... OR Animal rights might
be knocking on my door! It still felt good
to get out even though I didn't get through 
the entire routine. I also ran my fastest 1km,
so I guess there is advantages to running in the cold. 
It was a beautiful day by the river even if we were
both frozen.



1 comment: