Wednesday 16 January 2013

Switch it up

I'm so glad that I have 2 days off. Back to work
for 5 and then off for 7! What kind of job gives you
7 days off in a row twice a month?!?!?! MINE!
I can't wait! 
I'm sore from running yesterday which is odd 
because I did the exact same run 2 days ago and 
felt fine. My hips hurt mostly {which is my Achilles heel}
So I need to stretch!!!!
Any good ideas for hip flexor stretches???
I need to step up the workouts on non running
days so, I'm actually going back to the gym tonight with
Rhys and I'm looking forward to it. 
Both of us were going religiously from Oct-Dec but
then I started this run business outside and haven't been
back! Rhys still goes at least 5x per week and 
it always felt good to go together so here we go!
I'm also giving up the cereal for breakfast. I'm finding 
my morning routine isn't giving me the energy I need 
for the rest of my day. I'm going to make a batch
of energy balls for run mornings {normally I fast}
and then have a smoothie instead of cereal. 
I made a yummy smoothie this morning and it 
could be a contender for best one yet!

250ml coconut water
8-10 blueberries
1 orange
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
8 ice cubes

Yum Yum Yum

I skipped the spinach {but don't tell}

2 comments:

  1. you could try starting with a dynamic warm up before your run.....some walking lunges, high knees and standing leg circles. Also you can google "hip openers" for lots of yoga style stretches for after your run.

    ReplyDelete